I HAVE SHOES OLDER THAN THE SOCIAL MEDIA REVOLUTION

Like me, you've probably noticed the "youthiness" of those leading the social media revolution. Relax. I'm here to speak your language. So, put on your slippers, grab a cup of whatever floats your boat and let's do it. Together!

Friday, February 26, 2010

69% of Companies Focus on Twitter; 61% Have No Clue of Its ROI

This article makes a lot of sense to me. And, I agree that some companies are looking at social media's ROI in the wrong way. Brand awareness, not sales and donations should one of the first ways of measurement. Social media for marketing is not that unlike good old fashioned marketing...just waaaaaay faster. It opens the door for building relationships at warp speed...but relationships still have to be built. It's not a panacea for budget woes and I do think some companies look at social media as a giant silver bullet. http://amplify.com/u/246l

Posted via web from patgermelman's posterous

No comments:

Post a Comment